Friday, October 31, 2008

Illmatic Samples - Life's A Bitch/The World is Yours

Life's a Bitch was AZ's spectacular introduction to the world and he killed it on the track. Nas' father, Olu Dara also collaborated with Nas on the song for the first time.

Life's A Bitch was produced by L.E.S.



The beat for the song was sampled from The Gap Band's Yearning for Your Love.


The Gap Band - Yearning For Your Love -

Real Soul. Real Hip Hop.

The World is Yours

This is my favorite joint off Illmatic. It was produced by Pete Rock.

This is the same song Jay Z sampled on Dead Presidents where he later dissed Nas about how 'you made it a hot line/I made it a hot song.'



I'm out for dead presidents to represent me...

The World is Yours samples an the voice of T La Rock on his song Its Yours.



It also samples jazz pianist, Ahmad Jamal's I Love Music. I couldn't find a video for this one but I found something you should love. It starts off with the Nas sample from Ahmad Jamal and then some other great samples. Enjoy.



Look for tomorrows installment where we will continue the Illmatic series with One Love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment