Sunday, December 20, 2009

I Wanna Know What Love is - Sampled and Covered

Mariah Carey recently did her version of Foreigner's '80s power ballad I Wanna Know What Love Is. Good cover of a great song. The song can be found on her latest album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel.





I love the original by Foreigner and even have it in a playlist somewhere. I don't think any cover of this song comes close to the original.



Know what I love most though?

When genres cross. Check under the radar reggae/dancehall artist Terro 3000 sample called In My Life as he remembers a fallen soldier.



Speaking of crossing genres, reggae and fallen soldiers, slain South African artist Lucky Dube also recorded a version of the song in 1997 for his album Taxman.



R.I.P Lucky Dube.

And for the reason I did this post...The Chipmunks covered the song on the soundtrack to their new movie The Squeakquel.

Check out the trailer featuring the original version by Foreigner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment